Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Post Ideas: A Veritable Brainstorm!

(via)

I was visiting my sister in Texas when I saw your post and immediately spent the first few hours of the the long drive home thinking of potential future posts.

Here are just a few ideas from that brainstorming session that would be fun to pursue for your blog:

+ Series: Interview au pairs/nannies from other countries that work in NYC.  I know this topic is not a new one for your blog, particularly after this article came out (which you shared, along with the essay with the gorgeous photos) but it is a topic of personal interest to me.  Shortly after I graduated college, I spent 8 months in Switzerland as an au pair to two Swiss children.  It was the most incredible experience I've ever had, in which I learned so much about myself and the world.  I think it would be fascinating to learn what it's like from the perspective of someone coming here to work in childcare.

+ A roundup of favorite books from your childhood, ones that you want to share with your children, and asking for suggestions from readers. It could even be made into a series, if you wanted to do everything from picture books (every book by Bill Peet, Brave Irene by William Steig, Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes, Strega Nona by Tomie dePaola) to chapter books (Charlotte's WebMrs. Piggle-Wiggle by Betty MacDonald, The Chronicles of Narnia, everything by Roald Dahl etc.).  Another interpretation would be to ask all of your fellow blogger friends to pick one of their favorite childhood reads and share that in a post.

Review of the best monthly subscription services.  I know you have written about NatureBox in the past but this could be expanded to include the ones for beauty products (Birchbox, GlossyBox, Square Hue, etc.) or pet products (BarkBox or Best Friend Box).

+ Washi tape crafts for kids.  I'm obsessed with washi tape.

Date night: Improv classes at the Magnet Theater.
This is something I could totally see you and your husband doing. You can sign up for regular classes but they also offer "drop-ins", where you can just come by and follow along with the instructor.

10 Best Places to Picnic in NYC. Your idea of a Summer Picnic club, as well as your birthday party picnics for Toby inspired this one. I'm sure you would already know the perfect places, but this is also something I'm completely willing to research. ;)

+ A post on the importance of eyebrows in framing your face, including a brow shaping tutorial. As someone who cannot afford to have them maintained professionally on the regular, I would love to find out how to do this.

+ Camping. I love camping. Beach camping, tent camping, cabin camping, all of it.  It would be fun to do posts on the best places to camp outside the city, a list of ten camping trip essentials for a city slicker, and tips for camping with children.

+ Toby's Perspective. One of my favorite things to do when I spend any length of time with young children is to hand them a disposable or instant film camera with the instruction to take pictures of whatever their heart desires.  It is so fun to develop the pictures and then make a little album with them.  It would be so interesting to see life from Toby's perspective!

+ Best/easiest recipes involving quinoa.  This grain is growing more and more popular as an alternative source of fiber and protein for gluten-free and vegan cooks alike.  In the last year it has become a staple in my diet as a healthy and versatile food, but it has taken me some time to figure out the best ways to prepare it.

I know you only asked for five so I'll stop before this gets wildly out of hand. I promise I know how to respond to direction but I'm just so excited to share my ideas with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment